Old 09-24-20, 03:29 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Busiest I've been in a while. Work has really picked up, I hired a tutor for my Spanish, have a ton of house projects on a deadline, 'training' (not sure I can call it that now since all I do is z2/z3), and a side project. There are days I wake up and don't stop until I go to bed. Its definitely not sustainable, but I also make sure I get my breaks, and I do enjoy most of it, but right now its all really stressful.

At the end of the day, its mostly self imposed stress over hobbies I've rationalized into obligations (which they're not). Once the home projects end I should be okay, these are the 'prestigious' people in my wives' family, so she really wants our home at a standard we're probably not going to hit.

Originally Posted by big john
Ever go to Jalama Beach? It's kinda remote, twisty road 15 miles off Hwy 1, 15 miles from the tunnel/junction with Hwy 101 above Goleta. Years ago it had nothing but a tiny store and you could always get a spot during the week. There are miles of beach up to Vandenberg AFB and the campground is the only access.
It's been discovered, expanded, and the store has a kitchen now. Last time I went there we had to get in line for a spot, leave and sleep somewhere else, then come back the next day to wait for a spot. We stayed for 2 weeks, I had a truck camper and a bunch of my friends came, too. Even with the "crowding" it's still awesome.

I spent New Year's Eve there in Y2K. I was with my ex then and some people set up a huge tent with a bar and music and my wife got drunk and sick. Good times.
Nope, that's really far, especially in an RV, highest we went was Ventura.