Old 11-11-19, 07:38 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
Bontrager Speed Limit Brakes

Originally Posted by SJX426
verktyg That is a hefty brake caliper! is the brake bridge strong enough to support it? Bontrager version of a Monoplaner?
I got this prototype set of Bontrager Speed Limit brakes to evaluate. I found a "little" problem with the QRs... They could come open in use. As I said they were final prototypes and I'd heard the problem was corrected when they went into production.

Whenever I have to "lock em up", I like to start to feel some retinal detachment - the Big Daddy Don Garlits effect!

These are the most powerful brakes I've ever used.

I bought the frame from Ed Litton. He took it in for a trade on a custom frame and had it boxed up for years.

I'd never seen a bike like this one so I went full tilt weird on the build with mostly Shimano Deore XT MTB components. It's super light and climbs like a goat.

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Likes For verktyg: