View Single Post
Old 01-17-14, 10:40 AM
OneGoodLeg

Bikes: Surly Steamroller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a regulatory and compliance officer for a regional office of a large medical and pharmacuetical distribution company. So, basically, I argue with people for a living and in some cases, protect them from their own stupidity.

I don't have a college degree, but I do have alot of experience in the medical regulatory field, experience sometimes still means something in the world. Most people view my biking as an ecentric habit, since I'm clearly employable, have notable job skills, and I am highly sought after, yet I ride a bike.

Years ago, I worked for Kryptonite before they were bought. As a dedicated bicycle commuter, I thought it would be awesome, "bike nirvana". It sucked, one of the most toxic work environments I've ever experienced.

I was the only person there that actually rode a bike with any regularity, nevermind to work. And, my immediate co-workers were all miserable, middle aged women, whose knowledge of bicycles basically began and ended with they have two wheels. And none of the departments socialized with each other, unless they were a manager or above.

Last edited by OneGoodLeg; 01-17-14 at 11:16 AM.