View Single Post
Old 05-21-18, 11:47 AM
Grease_Factory

Bikes: -1982 Kuwahara Apollo 24" Cruiser -1982 Kuwahara KE-1/KYZ -1983 Tange Shogun Hot Heart -1984 Kuwahara Bravo -1984 Diamond Back Viper/Pacer 500 -1985 Kuwahara Road Bike -1986 Kuwahara Magician -1987 Kuwahara Magician EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
First of all... COOL!

I'm not an expert with Norco serial numbers... back in the early BMX days a lot of bikes were made in Japan by various companies for export brands like Norco and Nishiki. I'm going to guess based on the serial number that that is a 1977 frame. Being a loop tail and having that style of gusset are screaming late 70s to me. As far as model, I haven't a guess. Your bike is older looking than I was expecting.

if I'm wrong, the other possibility is that it could be a 1981 frame... I cant remember what order the date year and month were stamped on the norcos...

some of the parts you have appear to be newer than the bike. Those Tange TX-1200 Champion forks could be as old as the bike or they might be a few years newer. The date is clearly stamped on them. You will have to remove them and look on the steer-tube for the word "Tange followed by a number and a letter". The number is the year code and the letter is the month code. It might help date the bike a little bit better.

What are your plans with the bike?

Last edited by Grease_Factory; 05-21-18 at 11:51 AM.