Thread: Endurance Bike
View Single Post
Old 08-16-19, 01:10 PM
Andrey
Senior Guest

Bikes: Jamis Endura, Cannondale CAAD, Raleigh Cross, Fausto Coppi.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by am0n
. I'll definitely try the rent route if that is an option for me, as I think I'd probably want at least a solid 1-1.5 hour ride and maybe 2 smaller, 30 minute rides, to really get a sense for what the bike would feel like.
I think this is the best approach. Talk to you LBS .

Most people that just start riding will find the upright position(endurance bike) is more comfortable than a very aggressive race position(race bike), because we started bicycling with flat bars and in the upright positions when were were kids.

But after a few years of riding when your body becomes accustomed to riding fast on the road you would want to go faster-that means lower with better power delivery.
Even most bike manufactures changed their original "endurance" bikes geometries to more aggressive "endurance" geometries to make them feel less sluggish.
Endurance bikes are easier to ride with no hands and more stable in a straight line. To me they just do not feel as "fast" and snappy, witch means they feel sluggish and less fun than a full race bike. And I love riding because it is fun. I wish bike manufactures will start making "race" geometry bikes that fit bigger tires(32-35mm)