Old 09-09-19, 11:05 AM
Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Lotoja 2019. 13th? Total time 8 hours, 58 minutes. best finisher on my team.

LoToJa was weird this year. Well, it's always weird. Was in the (really) early break for the first two hours. One of the teams pulled us back and then it got real chill until the 1st climb. Another team (jeo) basically attacked the neutral feed on the first climb which is pretty BS. We all rode together after the descent. I came off just a little bit over the second climb but chased back on pretty easy. Then jeo called a pee break and one their guys rolled off the front while everyone was stopping. Not cool... Came off again on the last climb and legit thought my day was over with 100 miles to go. Somehow a group of 4 of us chased reallllly hard for almost 2 hours and we got back into the lead group. That same jeo team attacked the last feedzone again and I had no idea. One sec I'm with the group, next the guys are up the road and the rest of my day consisted of just pedaling the last 50 miles basically alone.

Weird day. Happy to finish a gain, pretty upset at some of our competitors. I know what the rules say, but there are unwritten rules too. Had really hoped for a result here, but alas, I got dropped in the same place as lat year, but made it back on this year.

2 minutes faster than lat year despite significantly slower conditions. Last year averaged 164 watts. This year averaged 180. NP of 211 for almost 9 hours.

I'm gonna call it a season. No road races left, I might hop in a few cx things over the fall (SSCX on a flat bar bike ftw!). Other than that it's just mtbing, lifting and whatever I feel like until it's time to get ready for xc skiing again!