Old 12-20-19, 11:38 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,931 Times in 2,556 Posts
Originally Posted by mcours2006
I'm trying to imagine how cyclist could have ended up on the driver's side of the bus. Even slipping on an ice patch, your forward momentum would take you straight ahead, not across the path of the bus. It's a mystery that only the bus driver knows the answer.
I was riding the bike lane a few Portland winters ago on ice when I made a small variation in course, put my front tire on the painted stripe, started losing it and ended up down in the car lane. Quiet Saturday morning. There was a car behind me, well back and it was not an issue at all. Bike lane stripes - the curse in wet of icy weather. Had I a truck close behind me I would have had to make choices other than trying to stay upright. Probably would have broken a bone on a much harder crash.

I wonder if the rider did something like I did and the driver did his best to alter course to the right to miss him?

Ben