View Single Post
Old 06-14-21, 10:41 AM
habes78023 

Bikes: Constant rotation, Currently: 2009 Felt FC, 1999 Stumpjumper, Serotta KOM, Eisentraut Rainbowtraut, Trek 400 commuter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 34 Posts
It's not a bad bike for 200. I've seen much worse buys. But I think you know this wasn't a real winner.

You are near Austin, and they like road bikes there. But a savvy buyer likely won't be paying much if anything over what you paid. I will say that you thought it was worth 200, so there's a good chance someone else will too.

I do think you can make back your money on it. Take nice pictures, mention the Campagnolo components for sure along with the other components. But this will not be a quick flip unless you get lucky and someone just so happens to be looking for a small bike and a small project, and they don't have a ton of knowledge or patience for something better. If you start to replace and refurbish things (it probably needs new consumables, and grease etc.) then you are for sure going to lose money because the added cost isn't going to raise the ceiling for a bike like this, but you may sleep better knowing you gave new life to an old bike when you sell it and someone has a ride that will last them a long time.