View Single Post
Old 06-08-16, 09:23 AM
techsensei

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ste4en
I have a Cannondale Super X, Ultegra carbon cross bike. Three years now and it has never shifted smoothly. LBS have had several goes at it, better but never just right. Most recently visit was a new hangar bracket and a new bottom bracket. No real improvement.

I recently replaced the rear derailleur and the cables. Still issues. Just never smoothly in a gear (well maybe one) but usually always noisy, indexing seems out, sometimes struggles to change then at next click jumps two gears. I have watched numerous YouTube videos on how to adjust the derailleur and I am quite sure I am doing that part correctly.
I cannot say what the problem is. When the new hanger was installed, was it checked for alignment? Also, try looking at Park Tool's guides on adjustment: Repair Help Articles | Park Tool

I removed the front derailleur, leaving the chain on the large chain ring. Still noisy. While riding the last few days the chain has come off the from the front chain ring - when I am shifting to a smaller rear cog the chain came off to the pedal side, and once when shifting to a bigger gear it came off frame side. Is this a symptom of something?
It is a symptom of removing the front derailleur. The chainring is made to make it easy for the chain to come off; it has ramps so it can shift smoothly. Putting the front derailleur back on will prevent the chain from falling off.