Old 03-21-18, 11:44 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by jefnvk
I haven't seen video for most fatal incidents. Like most non-conspiracy folks, I am content with what investigators say, I don;t somehow think I am more enlightened than them. Generally, the police aren't in the habit of releasing any sort of meaningful video of fatal incidents, for good reason. Of course, even if it were released, it would simply be branded as tampered with by Uber by a vocal group here.
First off, I haven't heard anything from an actual investigator. I've only heard a comment from a sheriff, and that same guy has since walked back his comments, explicitly stating that he does not INVESTIGATE traffic accidents as part of his regular duties and responsibilities.

Second, is it so crazy to be skeptical considering the people and the amount of money involved? Have you not been reading the news? These companies are more than happy to deceive the public for the sake of protecting their valuation. You make it sound like we are flat-earthers, or people claiming the moon landings never happened.

And I think doctoring video in a situation like this would be rather complicated, even for a company like Uber. And yes, video of fatal traffic accidents is routinely released for a variety of purposes, and it's hard to argue that this wouldn't be in the public's best interests.