View Single Post
Old 02-08-21, 02:41 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
I just learned of these replacement feet for a Kickr. Has anybody tried them out? Do they help the feel? Or do they just lighten the pocketbook?
We got his/hers Kickr v5 (2020) last fall, they come with the upgraded feet. We were just commenting on the improvement in feel with these feet. While riding, the bike doesn't feel like it's moving around, but it flexes more naturally. I feel comfortable to get outta the saddle to sprint and I notice my butt is less miserable on the trainer. Considering I'm on the same bike and saddle I've used for 8 years, I *think* the Kickrs feet/flex are helping feel more comfortable.

For reference, I was on an old Kurt Kinetic and Lisa was using an old Cyclops fluid trainer, both were really old tech and the Kickrs were a big step forward for us.

As a counterpoint: Ray at DC Rainmaker gets into this topic on his in depth review (jump to 3:20). He didn't see the new feet as a great improvement over the 2018 Kickr.

I guess if I was on an older Kickr, I wouldn't likely pay to upgrade the feet ... OTOH, I'm glad the came standard with the 2020 Kickr.

Thanks spelger for tagging me and brining this thread to my attention!