Old 07-23-15, 11:55 AM
urbanescapee

Bikes: 2011 Raleigh Sojourn, 2012 Marin Four Corners, 2013 Soma Saga, 2014 Scott Spark 940, 2017 Brompton H6E, 2016 Trek FX 7.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
There's definitely already a thread for this but I'll take here. I'm traveling in Ireland and just found some slip-joint pliers and a local license plate on the side of the road (not in the same place, but on the same ride). These'll make nice souvenirs for the garage when I get back home. Overwhelmingly though, I mostly find tools. I think it's careless contractors/handymen that set tools around the exteriors of their trucks and then drive off without putting everything away. Back home I've found a mini sledge hammer, multiple wrenches (both box end and adjustable), sockets, tape measure, hack saw, small gas can, glass scraper... That's just what I remember. All of them were in good enough condition that I kept them and still use them. Found an empty wallet once with if and credit cards but no cash, made contact with the owner but strangely they didn't want it back so I destroyed the contents. Found plenty of loose bills on other occasions, totaling around $200 so far.