Old 04-19-05, 08:12 PM
OneTinSloth
(Grouchy)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phatman
nice. If it were mine, though, I'd ditch those mustache bars and swap front brakes for rear brakes. the froglegs are much more powerful then shorties (from what I've heard)

yeah, i took it on a 60 mile ride last week and the moustache bars KILLED my hands/wrists/arms. worst riding pain ever. so i'll be switching those out when i have the time/money for new bars and some of the cane creek aero levers.

if i could get another set of the froglegs for the front, i'd do that, but the reason why they're on the back now is because the shorties don't have enough travel in the pad for a 700c rear wheel. i fought with it for at least an hour to make it work. couldn't get the pads to clear the tire, and then i couldn't get enough spring tension. but the fronts mounted up and adjusted fine.

and yeah, the froglegs are a ton more powerful than the shorties. right now, it's like my braking power ratios are reversed, (60% from the rear, 30% from the front, and 10% of ohcrapihopeistopintime!!) i definitely have to do something about that.