View Single Post
Old 04-23-19, 08:29 PM
sweeks

Bikes: Airborne "Carpe Diem", Motobecane "Mirage", Trek 6000, Strida 2, Dahon "Helios XL", Dahon "Mu XL", Tern "Verge S11i"

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 399 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
... but there's definitely other frames, SOLD AFTER the dates you've listed, that are out there.
That may be true. However, there are reports of other frames of other brands failing in various ways. These don't always result in recalls. It seems to be a part of the "background", especially when weight reduction is a priority... this puts folding bikes, almost by design, in a high-risk group.
Tern had a terrible problem, which could be described (charitably) as a "black eye". I'm not privy to the details of the problem itself or its management (I'm not in the bike trade), but the people in the Tern organization that I have dealt with have impressed me as honest and honorable. This has led me to believe that they have done their best to resolve the original problem and prevent its recurrence. If there's another recall of more recent frames, I'll reconsider my position. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my bike.