Old 02-12-20, 09:12 PM
TrackSmart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Fascinating!

Originally Posted by chief9245
Bombtrack Hook EXT-C with the Tailfin pannier rack system. Did the Great Alleghany passage, both ways, with them on along with fork bags from Apidura and feed bags from Apidura. Didin't even notice them there. The EXT-C is the swiss army bike of bikes. Tailfins system comes off and go.es on in less than 30 seconds. Pricey, but well worth it. Each bag holds 20L.
Fascinating! I *really* like the idea of a quick-release rear rack (and some matching quick-release full-coverage fenders that don't stink -- if such things exist). But the price of the Tailfin system is pretty steep give the rack and specific-designed bags combined. Especially when you already own a high quality rack + bags. Plus there is the extra complication of full-coverage fenders, which in my case, are partly attached to mounting points on my rack.

It sounds like you did your homework before buying the Tailfin system. In your research, did you find any quick-release hardware that can be adapted to existing conventional rack designs? And fenders, too, for the holy grail? I'm guessing the answer is 'no', but who knows... Clearly there are plenty of products out there I have not heard about.