Old 04-16-20, 03:28 PM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1453 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 962 Posts
DIY Bike Accessories Made During COVID-19 2020 Pandemic--- Post Your Creations!

I'm in a unique circumstance for my "Shelter in Place" coronavirus lockdown. Instead of being at home in NH, I left for a 3.5 month sabbatical beginning March 15th. Currently Mrs. PB and I are practicing social distancing on Saint Simons Island, GA. I have my Dahon folder and have logged 400 miles of flat, sometimes windy, riding. I can't participate in the Covid-19 build a bike challenge.

However, I brought my leather crafting tools and a good supply of leather. This is the first project I worked on.

It is said that "imitation is the highest form of flattery" and I have to admit it is copied and based on this saddle bag sold by Brooks.

While not an exact copy, I did use the measurements of the above bag and traced an oval from the side in order to make my bag.

This was the first time I worked with zippers and I was surprised at how easy they were! I should mention I made this saddle bag to complement the handlebar bag I run on my '71 Paramount P-13. I've had this Bridgestone bag since the early '90s and I've never been able to find a saddle bag to match. Only took me nearly 30 years and a pandemic to make one!

A couple more pictures.

Please add your DIY Bicycle Accessories made while sheltering in place during these challenging times.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com