View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 11:18 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
When I was in grade school I had a green 3 speed Robin Hood. Yeah it wasn't a cool schwinn sting ray but I rode that bike everywhere. I used to take it down a bike path on a lake near my house to go fishing. I don't remember catching much but I had a great time riding my bike out by myself. Then when I was in high school, my Dad got me a grey Nishiki custom sport. I rode that bike to school every day and I rode it all over town. I remember when a friend of his took me on a long ride on back country roads one summer. I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

So I ended up buying versions of those bikes. One is a black 3 speed Robin Hood. The other is my Sekine SHS 271 which reminds me of that Nishiki. The Sekine is a "better" quality bike with chrome moly tubing, chrome socks, forged drop outs, etc. but it has suicide levers and so it reminds me a lot of the bike I had in high school. No way I'm taking those levers off (nor could I since they're integrated into the lever).

The Robin Hood is my coffee shop bike or at least it was when coffee shops used to be open. And the Sekine is my lock up bike or at least it used to be back when shops were open,

Last edited by bikemig; 05-02-20 at 11:23 AM.
Likes For bikemig: