Old 07-18-19, 08:12 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by southpier
I like the idea, just not how it transfers into practice. this is my first bike with bar end shifters and I was very skeptical and even went so far as thinking the ends would snag (on what? I don't know) and throw me off the bike!

now I would love a lever mounted on the seat tube and a single downtube double cable (push-pull: can't remember what they are called) all retro and chit, but the bar ends are what I feel comfortable with at the moment.

i'll never be, or aspire, a "real" cyclist. but there are some that sneak up behind me and say "hey" or make a little polite conversation before picking up their cadence and tootling off.

good enough for me.
You're a person riding a bike. That's a real cyclist.

I ride 5-6000 miles a year. More than many, but less than some. Sometimes acquaintances will ask a cycling question and preface it with "well I don't do anything like you do" as if I'll look down on them. Hey I'm all for people being on bikes regardless of style or distance ridden. You want to ride a beach cruiser 5 miles down the MUP? Cool! You want to ride a DT shifting touring bike across the country? Cool!

Except recumbents. (Joking! Mostly.)
Likes For ksryder: