Old 01-23-20, 02:55 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
Originally Posted by Winny42
Well it seems there are no detailers on the forum lol. Theres clean and theres clean but if no actual detailing hobbyists about then I'll not bother posting it.
Go for it. Most who are scared of their frame being scratched will clean it then add helicopter tape to impact points, but if you feel ceramic coating is required, then post some pics and take people thru the process.

I refurbish older bikes and build up all my bikes from the frame, so I get the idea of cleaning, but once the bike is built and being used, my cleaning is mostly limited to water and rags that may have old grease from the chain. Many say they would rather ride than do maintenance or clean a bike, and I get that concept, but I would take it a step further and say that it ends up I do most anything besides fully tear down a bike just to clean it. History shows Ill lay on the couch and watch most anything before I disassemble a rear derailleur to clean all the parts.