View Single Post
Old 03-23-21, 02:08 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4520 Post(s)
Liked 6,406 Times in 3,685 Posts
Originally Posted by ascherer
Not on any bike with battery lights but on the dynamo-enhanced ones I do if only so I don't have to bother with switches.

"Addonitis", that's great! I'm going to steal that one! It's blocked in the picture but it does sport a Garmin unit and I'm suspecting that radar may creep it's way in. This bike gets a lot of urban miles where I'm matching the pace of surrounding vehicles, but I think this season it will find itself on more shared country-ish roads with limited shoulders where that extra measure may be useful.
Yep, running all the lights and electronics 24/7 makes for a robust charging program, there's normally onboard music too so that's 2 more power sucks.

Addonitis came from a friend that is/was a Pro Stock motorcycle drag racer and world class engine builder. You may have seen my posts about racing and he always gripes about it when a lot of us bolt on or hang new parts and systems like air shifters and such on regular street bikes for the track. He thinks you should build a race bike from scratch and incorporate everything but its an ongoing process that ends up being the road to h**l. It really is the way to go but you have to have very deep pockets and I always benefited from people not taking me seriously enough until it was too late after I whipped their azz. 18 years, 9 track championships, several club and other series champion and 1000's of round wins against World, NHRA and Class champions, addonitis my azz.

Gonna send you a pm as well.