Old 11-28-17, 09:13 PM
taz777

Bikes: 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike43UK
Myself and my wife have recently bought Electra bikes here in the UK. I have a Townie 21D EQ and my wife has an Electra Cruiser 7. We are in our seventies and have been riding bikes since we were about 7 years old. We both have had road bikes and mountain bikes and ended up with Peugeot Toulouse Dutch style step thrus which we sold a couple of months ago. We have had the step thrus since 2002 but they were getting to be a bit on the lumpy side. As we are getting on a bit it is good to get your feet straight onto the ground when you stop. The ride on my Townie was strange at first but I am getting used to it. I might swap the riser handlebars for either North Road or Cafe handlebars. I like the comfort of North Road handlebars. Where I live near the coast on the Romney Marsh in the UK it is as flat as a pancake which is a bonus. Another bonus is that there is a bike path a few minutes away from our place, and also another very quiet route to the sea which is about 4 miles away. I have always been able to fix my own bikes since I was very young, the case being that when I was a kid going to a bike shop was financially impossible so I taught myself from books. I agree with taz777 it seems to be a long time until the warm weather is with us again, but we still go riding when we feel like it. Good luck to all bike riders.
Great to hear of more cruiser owners in the U.K.