View Single Post
Old 04-15-19, 10:56 AM
fleslider 

Bikes: 1974 Paramount ~ 1974 Raleigh Pro ~ 1977 Pro-Tour ~ 1978 TX900 ~ IronMan 85,87:E/M,88:M/Pro,89:E ~ 98 Peugeot Festina Replica

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by grayEZrider

Last year (after I DNF to injuries) I set a goal of building a keeper for the clunker challenge this year. In the true spirit of restoring a C&V bike to real use I started searching last summer. And I was picky. After only a few miles of riding last year's entry of a too large 64cm Centurion Elite RS I wanted another Centurion. Actually I needed two. I also wanted an Ironman. I found an '86 Lemans frame for $50 in August and then on new year's eve a 250 round trip drive got my '85 Ironman. Original except for tires. So as the junk mail always says "You are already a winner!" I've put over half the miles in already and I will post pics and numbers at random over the next few days.
Hey, I'm retired and no longer organize anything. I did track the costs though, since things are tight after spending A LOT on my dog's two ACL surgeries recently. I'm thinking of renaming him Eddy Merckx.
Nice keep us posted on the rebuild of these two, FWIW, the Ironman is a 1986 and the LeMans is a 1988