Old 06-18-19, 10:32 PM
the_mahout

Bikes: 2001 Lemond Zurich, 2002 Lemond Poprad, 1993 Trek 520, 1986 Trek 560 Fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Tucson is an awesome town. One of my favorite places in the USA. I envy your commute. I lived for several years in SoAZ, south of Tucson, close to the border. Great area for road bike riding and mountain biking. Get proficient at fixing flats and carry twice as much water as you think you need. Hydrate continually and familiarize yourself with the symptoms of dehydration. Don't push yourself until you get acclimated to desert temps and understand your capabilities, thresholds and limitations. The desert is very unforgiving. Probably not a huge issues if you are commuting in the city where support and assistance is readily available but when you start venturing out on longer rides and runs it is easy to get in trouble even if you are fit and experienced.

Also, outside the city, temps drop quickly as soon as the sun goes down. Carry a light jacket. It can also be used to fabricate shade in an emergency.

If you are new to the area make sure you check out Bisbee, AZ. Quite possibly one of the coolest towns in America. Great riding there with the Mule Mountains. Hit Tombstone while you are at it.

Beautiful state. Not many fences.
Likes For the_mahout: