View Single Post
Old 03-20-16, 07:36 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Congratulations, and best of luck with deciding what to do with the extra time, RG. The time with the grandkids sounds great, and I'll bet the nearby elementary school would love having you as a volunteer. I am sure you will find plenty of constructive things to take up your slack times, Stapfam has long said that he has never been busier than when he retired, Gil, and his grandkids, keep him hopping. Lots of time to do some of those builds you have thought about, and riding will probably be way up there for you.

I have had to come to grips with the fact that I am pretty much partially retired now. Construction downturn in our area, and my health concerns have made this necessary, though it is very hard to accept the fact, for me. Wasn't ready at all, but the economy crash, and subsequent military building cut backs from the sequester, killed off our business flow here. So my full retirement is most likely 1 or 2 years away, at most, unless something surprising happens. Maybe starting my own engineering consulting business is possible now.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Last edited by qcpmsame; 03-21-16 at 05:41 AM. Reason: correct all the grammar errors, sheesh