Old 08-01-18, 02:26 PM
tunavic

Bikes: '12 BMC Road Racer, Pinarello KOBH

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
+1.....What I don't understand is if Strava already has a premium "pay for" app, why would they screw themselves by trying to milk the bike computer companies? I mean if you own a Garmin, Wahoo or Lezyne nav. computer and you want it to work with Strava, I would assume that the owner of whatever bike computer would still have to pay Strava if they wanted the premium features of the Strava app. That said, "Why screw with the people who actually own the Strava app and just want to use it with their bike computer"? I can understand general greed but I don't understand "stupid greed". What's next, is Strava going to try to milk iphone and Android for the right to use their app? Just glad I don't mess with stuff like Strava.
Basic Strava is free and so is Garmin Connect. Garmin provides LiveTrack and Garmin segments for anyone using their platform.

Why should others be allowed to leverage what Strava built from the ground up for free? Strava developed segments and is now asking for a fee if others want the feauture on their GPS units. Additionally, Strava is still in the RED .How are they supposed to earn $ if everything is free?

They're rolling out different less expensive plans for users or still a basic free plan and their app has no advertising.

How would you propose they earn money?