Old 06-21-19, 03:28 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Super light weight portable e-bike drive kit

Some of you may be familiar with a product called ShareRoller. It was a crowd funded e bike drive system that took about as long as Helix to come to fruition, lol. However, it is live now. I received mine and have been using it for the past week or so with one of my bikes, a Dahon Mu Uno (single speed). I have the throttle controller as well as the PAS controller.
This coming week I will have the custom mount for my Bike Friday ****T and will be able to swap the motor system from one bike to the other, just by clamping onto the different
mounts, in about 10 seconds (really). Once I have it on my Bike Friday and have used it a bit, I will post a detailed review, but for now I wanted to share a picture, and tell you that
I'm in love with this thing. At 4.5lbs for the battery and mount together, it adds hardly any weight at all to the bike. Top speed is 28mph (pedal assisted). There's a phone app you can use as well as the throttle and PAS. I just came back from Costco, pulling my Travoy trailer and a bunch of food. Fast and easy. I locked up the Dahon as usually and in 10 seconds had the battery and motor clamped together and inside my backpack. NO theft worries! I got rid of my car in April and I've been waiting for
this thing so I can extend the range of where I go and what I can do. So far, it's amazing!