Old 02-02-19, 10:34 AM
no motor?

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1058 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by base2 View Post
The cost of labor theory has been rethought in recent years. $15/hour is the result of a tightening labor market, not the cause of worker expulsion.

That being said, the local Albertsons says they are getting rid of the machines because they can't believe how much people stole...I can't believe how much people actually paid for!

PCC is just doing a smart business choice consistant with corporate image. I've been in many times. They very obviously give a damn about the communities they operate in. A lot of places would do well to take notes.
Out local version of Albertson's (Jewel) got rid of them a couple of years ago due to losses. Part of the losses were theft, part people inadvertantly not scanning things part people trying to scan things and not having the equipment work. I did that once when I thought I'd bought a few things and didn't realize that the software and equipment hadn't worked for my order - it kept telling me the items I'd scanned were unexpected and wouldn't scan my card until after all the scanning was done. But I thought it had scanned the card when I put it in while scanning, and usually left without getting the receipt so didn't realize I hadn't payed until after I was gone. When I called them to tell them what had happened and the 3 items I'd got they basically told me to go away, so I quit owrrying about it.