Old 02-02-19, 07:22 PM
rossiny

Bikes: Rossin,Raleigh,Casati

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Double work.

On a slightly different note, I have been thinking about how much extra labor and bags are used because of checking out at the store. It seems like technology some times creates more work and waste than before. We used to have a corner grocery store as a kid and some customers would just use their own rolling carts, then they had some heavy duty reusable leather or vinyl bags and we would just pack the groceries and off they go. Well back then a lot of people walked. I would think that with today's tech, we would be able to eliminate plastic bags and triple handling a product. I mean you load the cart, you load the conveyer belt, the cashier scans, the bagger bags, you take and put it in your car, then you unload at home...man I am tired !! Hehe lol.. . Why not have a reusable carts like before that has like compartment baskets, you have automatic scanner as you leave the store , it checks out automatically , then you can just roll your groceries to your car. The cart is made in such a way so it tilts and has 4 wheels so you tilt and slide into your trunk, then when you go home it just tilts out in reverse . And u are only lifting half the weight since when u lift some thing in that manner you only lift half the weight. The advantage is you dont triple handle a product, you dint use billions of plastic or paper bags. .

Last edited by rossiny; 02-03-19 at 05:24 PM.