Old 05-07-19, 01:56 PM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Originally Posted by colnago62
It depends on what he means by pretty smooth. Lower pressure is faster on uneven surfaces. Smooth surfaces favor higher pressure. Track riders tend to ride higher pressure for this reason.
This loop is about as good as we get around here, but it's not even "brand new asphalt" smooth, so I bet a lil lower pressure might help, I'll try it and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by Racing Dan
You should know latex degrades gradually and is susceptible to various solvents and oils. Butyl is not. I can recommend light 80 g butyl tubes. Seems less finicky to me.
From what I've read, the light butyl tubes still don't have the suppleness of latex. I tried Conti Race Light tubes and didn't notice any difference over their regular Race tubes (both in GP4Ks). Haven't tried Supersonics tho, if I have issues with the Michelins, maybe I'll give those a try and see how they feel.

Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
Check this thread. Good info there.

https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-m...ner-tubes.html
I'm inclined to agree with most people in that thread that it's mostly for liability reasons, but the lack of rim tape heating up the tube makes sense too. I added an extra layer of tape just to be safe. I read somewhere that Continental doesn't recommend latex tubes for use with their tires, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they don't make latex tubes. lol