View Single Post
Old 07-02-19, 08:31 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
the top rack is probably a Blackburn, I have a 1990 lowrider by them, and they remained unchanged for ages, and then knockoffs started being made. Simple, light, work alright, I always had light front panniers so it worked out.
in the bottom photo, the rear rack could be an old blackburn also, but it could be a newer one by whatever brand--I have numerous identical ones and they work fine too--maybe just look and make sure there arent any obvious cracks or whatever.

oh, the lowrider with the hoop is the type that ortlieb front panniers dont work on because of the top rail design, the "enclosing" doohicky parts of ortliebs cannot encircle the top part of the rack, because of that welded on vertical part.

panniers--the old cannondales. I had an identical set made my another company, but there were loads of similar zippered panniers like ths back then. Hey, they work, not waterproof at all so you have to wrap your stuff in bags. but hey, all this stuff will work and you'll see if yoiu like this activity.