Old 08-12-19, 06:51 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Originally Posted by jetboy
I started riding motos when I was 12- and now I am 45. I think i may have had 20+ motorcycles in that time. It is very similar to bicycles- what floats one boat does not the other, and what you are looking for makes a huge difference.

I have done the gambit, and for me I like an easily serviced twin engine with a lot of torque and not worried about going 160mph. I also like bmw for this- I loved my r75. that said, I also loved my yamaha fz600 which is exactly none of what i just said. what a great bike! I'd still have that yamaha but a utility truck ran a red light and I ended up creased into its passenger door - and the bike was totaled.

hmmm. maybe i need to find another fz600.

again, that said: moto guzzi is my favorite bike. I really want a nice eldorado or ambo with a side car. my dream.
I just got into motorcycles about 2 years ago and man, is it just as much of a rabbit hole as bicycles. My cube mate at work has a vintage Eldorado. It looks great. A BMW airhead is definitely high on my list of bikes I would like to own. I have a DR650 for PacNW gravel road and double track exploring but I would love a light nimble city bike like a vintage Honda CB. I also have an unfulfilled desire from when I was an early teen to own a Vespa. Yes, it's a lot like bicycles. If I had the space it would definitely be an N+1 situation!