Old 02-11-18, 07:27 PM
clubber

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
I try not to make eye contact w drivers or use hand gestures because the drivers always interpret it as me waving them on as if they have the right of way. never seems interpreted as thank you for letting me go first
It happened again today although this time it was an Escalade and fortunately I was on an slight incline
@ the intersection of the path (W and OD trail) and Hunter Mill Rd. Didn't get hit this time but for those of you that know where I'm talking about, drivers can be doing upwards of 50 mph and you have to be RIGHT on top of the intersection to clearly see up and down the road.

Just another case of misunderstanding between myself and the driver when I nodded to the driver (thanking them for stopping) who though I was was gesturing to them to go thru.

If I would not have hesitated being on a slight incline and a few feet from the road I probably would have gotten knocked over again. So there you have it. When in doubt take a few extra seconds, un-clip and make damn sure the drivers comes to a complete stop.