Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_max
didnt u read the post

there are 3 categories

there is also the one of strong riders with expensive bikes

any argument you bring
anything you say

in the eyes of strong riders, if you are a slow rider with an expensive bike, you are a show off

you can lie to your as much as you want but the world will see you for what you really are
You clearly consider yourself a strong rider (a statement that can be defined in many, many ways relative to age, category, pro or amateur, club or racer) and that is the basis for you justifying a more expensive bike to yourself. Now, tell us, what happens when you get older and lose the speed that you think you have? Do you sell your expensive bike and buy a cheaper one, more befitting of your strength and speed status?

I've raced at a top amateur level, top 10 Nationally, top 3 Regional, won races, got the trophies. Now in the Vets class, still top 5 in the region I now live in. I'm not a particularly strong rider I don't think but about average locally - there are still many stronger riders around me at Elite and Pro level. I have reasonably expensive bikes because I can afford nice things - I need to further justification and neither does anyone else, even you. Stop pretending you are strong, just admit you enjoy nice stuff. Pretenders are far worse than show-offs.