View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 04:23 PM
nlerner

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
Liked 6,714 Times in 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by Hummer
Very good. You have done some actual research.

I have seen the pictures of this bicycle before.

Yes, the person that made the post said the bicycle is Tano.
I have seen nothing on the bicycle that indicates H. Tano and Company, but maybe I missed something.
How have you verified that the bicycle frame was manufactured by H. Tano and Company?
The bicycle may have been assembled by H. Tano and Company.
There are no pictures of the serial number which would be helpful with verification.
There are too many unanswered questions about this bicycle for it to be considered definitive proof of H. Tano and Company as a manufacturer.
With all due respect, what you call "research," I call a 5-minute Google search. Really, it wasn't difficult to find those two artifacts, and once finding them, I did not look for more.

All effective arguments need to have a sense of exigency, an answer to the "so-what?" question. I have yet to see any reason why anyone should care whether or not H. Tano manufactured bicycle frames.

All those making effective arguments also need to establish ethos or the credibility/character of the one making the argument. My assessment (not that you asked for it, but this is the Internet, after all) is that you have not succeeded with this component either.