Old 02-02-20, 12:46 AM
jtwilson

Bikes: CAAD10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BadGrandma
Around 12 years ago, I raced on the Mid Ohio Race Track. It has a boatload of room for cornering without becoming boring. After all this time I want to try it again with the goal of not being lapped for as long as possible. I plan to ride behind a bunch of butts until I loose them. My category would be Men's 5 (yeah, sketchy) mixed with Women's 4. So far the only competitors are a bunch of guys who have been on the course before. My training is nada, which is fine with me. I know the posters whose primary goal is to win will scoff at this idea. I don't care about them. What about everyone else's ideas?
I will be there. It's the first race of the season and a lot of people will be out of shape, so no worries on that. The lower categories always have a wide range of fitness/ability levels anyways. Mid Ohio is a challenging course due to the rollers that lead into a long uphill grind - races tend to split up into small groups rather quickly. It is a really fun place to race and as safe as it gets. Don't expect many people to pre-register untill the last day. Even then, turn out could be rather low if it's cold. Last time I raced there was 2018 and it was 30 degrees but I had a great experience. Bike races always have a friendly vibe because these are the rare times we are all with "our people".