View Single Post
Old 08-28-12, 12:54 PM
Novakane 

Bikes: Sekine RM40 1980, Miyata 1000LT 1990, Raleigh Mixte Sprite 1980, Raleigh Grand Prix 1979

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Brand new, C&V-looking "J&L Classic" saddle. Just your basic Regal clone.

Came directly from Taiwan and is going to on my Sekine to help complete the white accenting and replace the super uncomfortable saddle that is on it right now.
I think I paid $20 including overseas S&H so I figured it was good deal to try out - and for that price, I didn't think I had much to lose.
Appears to be vinyl over plastic with a little bit of padding but nothing so deep it'll cut off circulation (really hating on gelled seats for this lately...)
Rails are well machined and sturdy feeling, plastic seems to be of decent quality with a nice bit of flex to it.
Rivets seem to be decent, but the stapling along the sides on the underside appear to be along a very thin edge of the material, so I suspect I will probably end up having to re-attach with some super-glue at some point. It was cheap, I expected cheap, so not really concerned about that easy repair which might be needed.
I didn't expect Brooks quality, and certainly wasn't going to pay Brooks prices for a white saddle on a bike that usually gets ridden about 20km a day in fair weather.

Hopefully I can get it on the bike and take it for a test ride this evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Saddle.jpg (72.8 KB, 3764 views)