canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by tgmcmonigle
It's awesome that you have that many miles of paved trails to ride. I may need to load my bike up and spend a day or two riding there, it's only a little over two hours from me....
Yup, worth the trip over to Foat Wuth. I keep discovering new bits of the trails, between tips from other cyclists, exploring the maps and just bumbling around on my own. You can even ride on some of the grassy levee tops with the right bike and tires, although it's exhausting.

My plan is to start from home (west side, just south of White Settlement), ride down to the Clear Fork section, then toward Benbrook Lake, double back and ride north toward the Stockyards, then back down to the opposite side of the river, north again, and possibly out toward Gateway Park to get in enough miles for a century.

I need to guesstimate rest stops as well. The reason I'd hit the Art Cowsen trail near Benbrook first is because there's a shaded park but no restaurants or bus service. I'm planning to do the hardest bit of the ride around midday where I'm within walking distance of the bus route in case I poop out or have mechanical problems. And there are fast food joints and stores within walking distance of much of the trails closer to downtown.