View Single Post
Old 10-17-18, 08:53 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18378 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Originally Posted by desconhecido
bought mine (77) a couple weeks ago on ebay and got it delivered to Houston and a replacement NR rear derailleur installed for less, so I think it's a bit high. Also, I'm not seeing any of the original decals or accent stripes Has it been repainted?
You can definitely see the Motobecane logo on the downtube.

However, I think that it should say "Grand Record" on the top tube, which I'm not seeing. As well as pin stripes on the top tube????

I presume the accents on the main tubes have faded, but perhaps it would look better (or worse) in person.

It is possible the accents on the lugs have been touched up.

It is possible the top tube paint was also touched up, but I doubt it.

The place where it is missing the paint on the top tube is exactly corresponding to the place where I have the maximum amount of pants rub on my old Colnago, although that looks like flaking paint, not rubbed paint.

The Nervex Pro head tube lugs have a ring around the top and bottom, near the headset cups, which I believe are visible in the photos, although it would be better to visualize in person (which would verify it is, in fact, most likely a "Record", and not some lesser model.

Oh, re-reading the specs, it lists "531 double butted main tubes" on the Grand Record, and "531 double butted throughout" on the Le Champion. IE, the stays and the fork may be 1020. I have a Grand Record frame and thought it weighed slightly heavier than I had expected.