View Single Post
Old 10-18-18, 12:53 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18378 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Ok, I found this bike. Not a lot of info on it.

CarltonProfessionalGuide

A little more root beer colored, but it could be the lighting as the fork looks more chocolate. I can't tell for sure if it is original, but the detail work looks original, but could be good decals.

I have a chocolate Mirage in my basement. Obviously far less detailed work on that bike, but very brown.

Both my Mirage and Grand Jubilee have chrome tips on the fork (unlike the photos above).

Hmmm... Comparing my Grand Jubilee to the Grand Record, they are very similar. I think the Grand Jubilee is a couple of years newer looking at the catalogs.

Neither have that ring on the head tube lugs that I mentioned earlier (although the Grand Record seems to be flared out slighty, but that could be from headset installation.

Catalog specs definately say Nervex Pro... but... ????

One of the differences I noted is my Grand Jubilee has flat seatstay caps (curved around the top tube). The Grand Record has slightly concave/creased seatstay caps, and a slightly smaller diameter cap. Also curved around the top tube.

The fork on the Record is supposed to have Campy dropouts. Mine doesn't have it.

Hmmm... the specs for the 73 list chrome fork tips. The 72 doesn't mention it, but they appear chrome in the catalog pics.