Old 01-19-20, 09:52 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Small shop space layout and organization?

I'm building a workshop annex to move the "the bike shop" out of "the wood shop".

If I can keep my crap collecting impulses under control, I should be able to carve out a 10'x10' dedicated work space for light torch, saw and file metal work, and old stuff restoration.

I was looking at the ANTBIKEMIKE site, and Mike's home shop and recommendation for students is a 10'x10' space.

https://antbikemike.wordpress.com/fr...lding-classes/

Interestingly, he also recommends starting with a MAPP torch, but I picked up a near free O2 concentrator last week, so I will at least be starting with a hopped up oxy/mapp bernzomatic torch.

I've got a a bike stand, couple vices and have been checking the scrap yard regularly for a milling machine table or some other big flat reference plate.

As far as machines, I have a disposable chop saw, big grinder and a 1x42" belt sander. I am looking for a buffing set up and keeping an eye open for another heavy drill press so I can have one for metal work and one for the wood shop.

Any thoughts on what to do with my 100sqft of blank state?