Old 01-24-20, 08:38 AM
Doug Fattic 
framebuilder

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked 1,916 Times in 656 Posts
Originally Posted by bark_eater
That's quite the production set up in a small space. Is that a wood floor? If so, any concerns with brazing over it?
I presume the floor is wood and I don't have any concerns about brazing over it. We use a plate to catch flux drips that keeps the floor clean too.

Our project to provide bicycles to pastors in Ukraine really serves 2 purposes. Right now they go to those that live near the Russian border where vehicle traffic is greatly restricted. The average worker in Ukraine makes very little money and their choices to get around is either public transportation or walking and if they can afford it a bicycle. Most can't and that is where we come in. Our project also provides a training place for those that want to master making frames by providing repetitious practice. Over the years about 10 of my frame building class students have spent on average 2 or 3 months making frames in Ukraine. The shop is located on a college campus with dorms and a cafeteria. I was a high school teacher before becoming a full time builder and painter. I know what it takes to get to the next level and have provided a way for the dedicated to get there.

Yuriy the guy in charge of our project over there is looking at a batch of transportation bicycles we made before they were shipped out.