rossiny

Bikes: Trek 970, Bianchi Volpe,Casati

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 87 Posts
Sustainability

Originally Posted by Mobile 155
It is not our thoughts but how we as a people react that changes things. Why would people want to get back to what some consider normal? The reason I believe is the alternative is poverty.

People want normal so that when they go to the store the toilet paper shelves aren't cleared off. So they have a paycheck coming in to purchase the things they cannot grow for themselves or make. That want normal so they are facing poverty the first of every month. And I don't know about anyone else but I hardly see any adult leaders that I would trust to tell me what is the best action for my well being.

There was already a trend of people leaving the big cities like New York, LA , San Francisco, Chicago and of course Detroit. I just believe the pandemic will grease the slide a bit more.
I think it might be normal to have toilet paper and running water and functional Plumbing , , however, how is normal that people are jet-setting all over the world and burning petroleum like it's never going to run out? I had a union painting and wallpapering job as a young man fir about 2 years. You had to install so many rolls of vinyl wall covering , it was commercial rolls and 54 inches wide. There was an unwritten rule that if you could not do the production of 90 yards,about 2 large hotel rooms with double king size beds , you basically were let go. Even as a young man I knew the job was good money but never could be sustainable. After a few projects, big lay offs came. That is the economy and " normal " craziness that I speak of..
I think most jobs are like that today. If a car company does not have a certain number of cars roll off assembly line and sell off the lot,,>> lay offs. But the question needs to be asked is it sustainable and when will it all crash. Look at this relatively short shutdown how many jobs lost . if we have a great depression I don't think people know how to grow vegetables, and jar them the way they did in the 1930s. I think would be scary indeed .