View Single Post
Old 07-27-23, 09:35 AM
DeoreDX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
I keep on eyeballing the Original Poseidon X not the X ambition. I've been wanting a road bike but have considered gravel bikes as well. I want the more aggressive geometry because my use case is more of a road bike (80%) I can use wide tires on and occasionally ride on gravel (20%). I have a big 2.5" tired 29r I use for bike packing and rough gravel and single track with 11-51t with 36t chainring mountain bike gearing. I even thing that's geared way too low I never use the bottom 3 cogs (51-45-39). My use case will be as a road bike (don't own a road bike so this will be my primary road bike) with occasional 1-2 mile gravel section to cut between roads. I think the gearing is way too low and gear spacing too wide for the road. The road bike I have been borrowing has 11-30 cassette with 54/35 chainrings. I'm thinking 44t ring with the new sword 11-38t 10 speed would hit the sweet spot for me gearing wise. sacrificing a bit of range for better spacing in my sweet spot range I spend much of my time pedaling (15-21t).Would have a low gear I would actually use on occasion gives me just enough tall gearing to hit mid 35's on the street.