View Single Post
Old 07-30-19, 07:58 AM
skipm

Bikes: 2023 Specialized Sirrus X 5.0

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
[QUOTE=Rides4Beer;21050080]SL5 in Rage Red, I'm digging it.

Looks better in person, the pictures on Trek's website doesn't do it justice. Which is why today is new bike today for me. I stopped by my local LBS during my lunch hour yesterday to check out a 54cm 2019 Domane SL 6 Disc with close-out pricing and while I'm looking at that bike she says that they have a new 2020 Domane in the back they just finished putting together and would I like to take a look at it as well. It was an 54cm SL 5 in Rage Red and it was so striking that I lost all interest in the 2019 SL 6. After throwing some pedals on it and a quick fit I took it for a 30 minute test ride. The geometry is definitely more relaxed than the Specialized Crux I'm used to and the IsoSpeed is pretty cool. I'm 5'9" and around 155 lbs and for me the IsoSpeed basically isolates you from the usual road vibration and jolts you would typically feel. You look down and you can see that the road is not the smoothest but none of that is felt in your hands and arms. It's not bouncy at all, nothing like the Redshift ShockStop Stem I have on my CruX.

To make a long story short, I bought it, and yes I'm superficial because the Rage Red color had a lot to do with the decision, it's a gorgeous bike color and I've not seen one like it before. I'm having them swap out the stock alloy wheelset for a set of carbon Bontrager Aeolus Pro 3's, they gave me a 15% discount on them since I'm getting them with a new bike purchase and I added the Bontrager Blendr mounts in the front for my light and Garmin. I also purchased that mini multi-tool that fits in the storage slot but they won't have it until Thursday. I'm picking it up today at lunch, I'll post some pictures when I'm back in the office and if you know anyone in the market for a bone stock, gently ridden 2018 Specialized CruX Elite X1 (Gloss Cast Blue/Rocket Red/Cool Gray) that has never been raced or ridden off-road, send them my way please.
Likes For skipm: