Old 11-22-14, 09:10 AM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by pinsonp2
Have you thought about a trainer for one of your bikes? I know its boring, but when I have knee issues, it is easier for me to do easy 30 min spins on the trainer. It will still take 3 to four days to recover, but your legs are moving and getting stronger with little stress.....if your fit is good. YMMV but this works for me

P2
Yeah...I thought about it...my rich friend at work has a computerized one that cost him $1,700 where it shows the course he's riding on his computer screen and replicates the drag to the grade of te roads he's seeing on the laptop but he also rides a $10K trek Madone...me?...I'd ride in the rain before I'd pedal in my living room! LOL!

And I dang sure ain't spending that sort of cash on a trainer. LOL!

But you just made an interesting comment....am I supposed to be taking 2-3 days off in between rides?...I've been trying to get at least a little in everyday if not a lot in every other day and screwing around with test/adjust rides in between...but I want to ride everyday...am I in fact just asking too much of my old diabetic chicken legs?