View Single Post
Old 05-12-19, 03:36 PM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 928 Times in 541 Posts
The wife and I had a close call once. First ride of the season for her and I got sick at the hotel the night before. We decided to gut it out and do what we came there for. We got to about the 13 mile marker and we were totally spent. On top of being sick and out of shape, we weren't expecting the hills to be as bad as they were. At mile 13 my wife stopped, got off her bike and swore she could go forward no further. I was so sick, when she said that I almost jumped for joy. I wanted to stop for the last 4 miles but kept going on because of her.

Well, we had left almost last since we were going to do a short mileage ride so there weren't really a lot of people behind us. We decided to turn back but it seemed like almost every intersection we came to we had to question whether we were supposed to make a turn or keep straight. I had been so sick that I wasn't paying close attention as to the route and neither was she. Fortunately we ended up making all the correct turns but I have to tell you I wasn't too happy with the idea of feeling like I did, being sick, tired and lost. Thank god we got back to the starting location. We packed up and headed home.