View Single Post
Old 05-11-17, 04:43 PM
Divebrian

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just roll up, hop out of the truck and go straight to the starting line...or at least I did when I was mountain bike racing. Even rolled up to the starting line about 30-45 seconds after my race started....still caught and passed them all. Then again, mountain bike racing got boring as I was winning a 2 hour race by as much as 6 minutes.

First time I went to nationals, I didn't have rollers or anything. Rolled out on the track cold and did a 1:09 kilo and an 11.5 200m. Now that I'm older and wiser (that's debatable), I take two bikes with me, my training track bike and my race bike. I do a warm up on track (if available) with my training bike, come off track, put the race gearing and wheels on my race bike, do 3-4 laps with a jump to make sure everything is good, then jump back on my training bike until the track closes for practice. After that, I just do rollers and/or roll around the infield as necessary. Every track I have been to has had the track open for at least one hour before racing starts, is that not the case everywhere? If I run up against that, I guess it will just be rollers and infield....or I could possibly take my training bike out to the parking lot to get a few good jumps or standing starts in?

Last edited by Divebrian; 05-11-17 at 05:24 PM.