Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Absolutely no less than $30/hour. $30 for the first hour or part of an hour it takes, and an additional $30 for each additional hour or part of an hour. So if it takes me 30 minutes to move one, I get paid $30. If it takes me 1 hour and 10 minutes to move one, I get paid $60.

I would also need to be appropriately signed on with the pick-up organisation and assured of the necessary insurance cover.

Does that seem reasonable to you?
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Damn, forced me to look up dockless scooters...

Here's an article from The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...siness/560747/

What a ridiculous business model relying on teenagers using their own power sources and figuring out how to easily scam the parent company.

OK ... so I was right on the money. Perhaps even slightly low.

"For performing this service, Bird pays Brandon, a contract worker, up to several hundred dollars a night. On one particularly successful night, Brandon brought home $600."

"The reward for capturing and charging these Birds can range from $5 to $20 depending on how difficult the Bird is to locate—and some can be really hard to find."

And the article goes on to explain how to get the $20 ... or more.

My $30/hour over, let's say, and 8 hour period is only $240. Next time TP asks this question, I'll double my estimate.