Old 04-01-19, 01:01 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
I have no idea why you think just slapping a -17 degree stem on a bike and slamming the bars down of a completely unknown and unseen person is going to help. It's a really odd position to take.

Just getting lower does not automatically equate to being faster. That's not how fitting works.

Again, see the bikes of two of the fastest sprinters in the world further up thread. Completely opposite of your "recommendations". And it's kind of a big deal for them.
Those pros are on race bikes and for example ewan is on an xxs bike. I'm like the OP on a endurance bike in the smallest size and i can't get my stem any lower and had to resort to a -17 stem slammed on a flat spacer

Even my cyclocross bike with a much shorter headtube(similar stack) is slammed down with a -17 stem.

I use the 90deg hood position also. Obviously my next road bike will be more of a race geometry but a lot can be done to optimize position for faster speed on an endurance bike, although i do agree I'd like to see the rider on the bike