Old 04-19-19, 07:35 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7648 Post(s)
Liked 3,465 Times in 1,831 Posts
Maybe people who don't want to be associated with a comment shouldn't make that comment the centerpiece of the third post of the thread? And in fact ... the Justification for the entire thread?

Not taking sides here---I think the whole discussion is ridiculous ... but the only reason anyone suggested "advocating" for a downed cyclist was because that person had a bad experience with a cop once. It is the Justification for the thread. The whole premise of the thread is that a cyclist needs an advocate because the cops are against cyclists.
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
Some police are openly hostile to people riding bikes …..
If the OP didn't want people to get that impression maybe the OP shouldn't have made a post saying that was the situation.

Oh, I'm sorry ... did that make too much sense?

(By the way ... I have personally experienced a cop lying on the witness stand about me. I know two others with similar experiences. And I am a big fan of cops in general. But I would never start a thread saying "Cops are liars" without explaining that I support all cops except the hundredth of a percent who are just bad people .... maybe next time the OP should read his own message before hitting "Submit Reply.")